Friday, July 15, 2011

Should Have Stayed in Bed

I should have stayed in bed, and if I had known what I would be facing today, I certainly would have. I will see Nick the Cat and his entire family in prison for this! They should be ashamed of themselves, causing such terrible luck. I poked my head out this morning, to see what the pandas were up to, and how the eating was coming, when I got hit in the head by a paper airplane. I opened it, and found a flier from one of Nick's cousins, announcing a bad luck special on the way just for me. And the feline in question was sitting on our neighbor's porch, laughing! This was extra special bad luck is all that I can say, for no sooner was I bopped on the head, than the bad luck started to arrive.

First the humans went to pick up the dryer, and of course the bunnies hopped along, to chat with the appliance repairperson's feline employees. They came home smelling of other cats. Apparently they hugged the repair cats. Anyway, the dryer was collected, and worse, the bunnies learned how these felines were converted from lazy, slothful, proper cats, to hard working, industrious animals. Apparently they attended a seminar given by a beaver, on the virtues of work, and the next thing you know, they had changed their lifestyle completely. The bunnies are already making plans to book me to attend this beaver's next talk. Just wonderful. Hours of chatter on nothing but work, and you know there won't be good refreshments, just sticks to gnaw on.

Anyway, they got the dryer, and took it off to the country cottage. It's there than my luck continues on its downward path. They stopped by the local homeless shelter on the way, and of course the human was tackled by animals with tales of woe as soon as she stepped in the door, hoping to find some games. She came home with five more siblings for me, including an elephant! Isn't it bad enough that we're hosting those escaped red pandas? I'm sure the zoo will be furious to learn that an elephant escapee is here too. Anyway, I'm up to 693 siblings.

Then when they reached the cottage, my luck got really bad. It seems that when the humans were last up there, getting things ready for the start of work, they did something wrong, for they arrived to learn that a window had fallen out. They were only able to make a temporary repair, which means they will have to return for sure next week for serious work purposes. Which means that the bunnies have put a rush on the flooring party. They're demanding that the tea order be doubled, to make sure the pandas are nicely caffinated, and able to stay awake to eat for longer stretches of time. And who do you think they expect to make this tea? ME! Like I said, Nick the Cat and his entire family will pay for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment