Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Apologies to the Country

I would like to offer my apologies to the country for what you suffered on Monday, but really, you must admit that you brought some of it on yourselves, living there, and not investing in bear and rabbit protection. The human went up to the country cottage on Monday, and of course Betsy trotted along with her, and a couple of my bunny sisters hopped along as well. I don't want to know what the bunnies did, but they came home looking much plumper than they were when they left, and there was much talk of butternut, tomatoes, and how badly our relation, poor Farmer Turley, really needed his fields of crops. As for Betsy, the less I say about her, the better. I just know she got her paws on our neighbor's poorly guarded plane, and is plotting something with it. And to make the disaster complete, there is now talk about going back for a few days, and my accompanying the humans on this trip! I will be taken as an accomplice for sure!

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there Sir Pinky!


    Lu-Lu & Lucius

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying, believe me. I don't know what I will do, should the humans take me to the country, though. My siblings will run wild, I just know it, and I will be forced to hide to avoid being taken as an accomplice, instead of lounging in front of the fan where I belong. You have goats, right, Feral? Do they chat with other goats? Perhaps they could get the word out before my siblings reach the country.

    ReplyDelete