Sunday, September 13, 2009

Blackberries and Raspberries

I swear, every time I check the rabbits' seed orders I find even more alarming things. The thirty mint plants of various species were bad enough but now I just found that they've ordered blackberry and raspberry seeds, 25 seeds each for at least three different kinds apiece! That should equal 75 plants of each kind if all goes according to the bunnies' plans, and to make matters worse, in order to make sure the plants are ready to go out into the garden in the spring, they're planning to start them indoors and let them live in here all winter in little pots! How am I supposed to dodge 150 pots for six months?

2 comments:

  1. On the other paw, those berry bushes have thorns. You could arrange them in a thicket around your kitty bed, and protect yourself from your crazy siblings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, but they don't get their thorns until they're a decent size, which probably won't be until spring, which means I'll have to dodge the little pots full of them until then.

    ReplyDelete