Friday, July 24, 2009

More Bad News about the Kiwi

I looked it up on wikipedia, and I have more bad news about those blasted kiwi plants the bunnies want to grow.. They actually come in sexes! Some plants are guys, and some are girls, which means there is going to be a whole lot of plant mating required to get fruit. And even worse, the rabbits are planning to at least start these things inside, which means I will be a captive audience for plant sex! Have you ever heard of something so frightening? At least the other plants do it in a civilized manner outside with the aid of bees.

2 comments:

  1. It doesn't seem very efficient, does it? And, it sounds like these kiwis must be able to walk or slither or something, or how would they get to the other plants? I'd keep a close eye on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They slither, much like the cucumber or the watermelon, and believe me, I will be keeping a close eye on them for sure, although it does pain me to be forced to watch so much plant sexual activity. Honestly, the rabbits should be ashamed, bringing plants that behave in such a way into the house.

    ReplyDelete