Monday, March 16, 2009

Bunnies

I think those fat quarters the bunnies bought at the quilt show were definitely a bad idea. Ever since they've got back, they've been busily hopping from looking at the broccoli and squash prints, to their seed catalogs and then to checking out the back yard. I don't like the way they keep looking at me, either, and I KNOW I heard a couple of them whispering last night about purchasing a shovel and hoe in just my size! I have a bad, bad feeling that those bunnies are planning to draft me into assisting in putting in their garden this year, which given the number of seeds they're wanting to purchase, seems like a horribly frightening idea. I wonder if I can block their Amazon account for purchases?

2 comments:

  1. It might be possible to get Darwin to help. The bunnies could attach a rake to his tail. If you have a fence so he could run back and forth as cars drive by, that would work. Otherwise, you might have to be involved, running up and down the edge of the garden, and he'd chase you. He'd never catch you with the rake, and he's easily distracted. As long as someone gives him a cookie when he's done, he'll be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This could work. Unfortunately, the space the bunnies want for the garden isn't near the street so I suppose I would have to let him chase me. Still, that sounds like so much less work than digging everything the bunnies want with my own paws. So, when is Mister Darwin free to help with this? And how big of a garden is he willing to assist the bunnies with?

    ReplyDelete