Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Bird in the Bush

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can go about installing a birdhouse in the middle of a rosebush? The nicest family of birds have built a nest there, but I'm sure they would prefer a rental birdhouse so much more. How can I get it in there, though? The bush is very thick, which makes it perfect protection from Betsy Bear, should she get the desire to have eggs for breakfast, but it also makes upgrading the property difficult. Any suggestions?

4 comments:

  1. Hire a hedgehog or a porcupine for your contractor. They know how to deal with prickly things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so how do I go about finding one of these creatures to work as my contractor? I couldn't find a construction company with such a name in the phone book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try Google. Or maybe the birds in the rosebush will carry a message to likely candidates, if it means getting a great new house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Google. Now why didn't I think of that? I'll google for a hedgehog or porcupine in the building business immediately. I'm sure the birds will be very pleased to get a house too, if I can get it put in. Would you believe nests don't come with roofs?

    ReplyDelete